Are you passionate about teaching English and able to provide a warm, welcoming environment for international students? We are actively seeking additional Homestay Tutors for 2024, and you might be the perfect fit.
You can earn up to £850 a week, if you sign up with us.
Qualifications and Attributes for a Homestay Tutor:
- Native English Speaker
- Communication Skills: Strong proficiency in the English language and effective communication skills to facilitate learning.
- Flexibility: Ability to adapt teaching methods based on the individual needs and pace of the student.
- Teaching Credentials: Have the relevant EFL qualification. Experience in home tuition, language schools, or related settings is a bonus.
- Commitment: The ability to dedicate certain hours per week to deliver home-based English lessons is essential.
- Homestay Environment: A comfortable home setting and a genuine love for people are necessary as students might stay from 1 week to 1 month.
- Passion for Teaching: A deep-rooted enthusiasm for teaching English and aiding students from diverse backgrounds is vital.
- Background Check: Most organisations will require a background or DBS check to ensure the safety of the students.
- Cultural Sensitivity: An understanding and respect for various cultures, traditions, and backgrounds as students might come from diverse global regions.
Basic Home Requirements for a Homestay Tutor:
- Private/Shared Bedroom: A clean, comfortable private bedroom for the student with essential furniture like a bed, desk, chair, and adequate storage space for their belongings.
- Safe Environment: The house should be in a safe neighbourhood and ensure the security and wellbeing of the student.
- Accessible Location: Ideally located close to public transport links, making it easier for students to explore or attend any additional courses they might be enrolled in.
- Internet Access: Reliable Wi-Fi or broadband connection to aid the student’s studies and allow them to stay connected with their families.
- Meals: Ability to provide daily meals (typically breakfast , Lunch and dinner) catering to the dietary preferences or restrictions of the student.
- Shared Spaces: A conducive environment for learning, such as a quiet study room or a shared living room where tutoring sessions can take place.
- Clean and Hygienic: The home must uphold high cleanliness standards, with regular cleaning and maintenance routines.
If You Match the Above, You Can Become a Homestay Tutor!
Join our team and immerse students in a unique learning experience, bridging cultures and languages right from the comfort of your home. To learn more about this promising opportunity and to become part of our esteemed league of homestay teachers, please contact our office. Alternatively, sign up form below to express your interest. We look forward to hearing from you very soon
Register your interest now