Although you may have a good grasp of conversational English, the world of Business and Commerce often requires a higher level of understanding of the English language. With this in mind, our business English courses will enhance your English skills to prepare you for working in all types of commerce and can be tailored to specific professions including law, medicine and accountancy. Not only will our Hosts provide comfortable accommodation but they will also accompany you on a number of excursions and day trips during your stay, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the British way of life. On a Business English homestay you will study business communication methods such as human resource, presenting meetings, communication skills and you will enjoy 1 full day excursion and 2 informal half day outings per week. These will vary depending on where you stay but can include London, Brighton and other places of local interest. Afterwards you will enjoy evenings spent over dinner conversing about your day and maybe having a pint in a traditional English Pub.
Our international business courses are designed to help you improve your English in a typical business environment covering the language skills required for everyday business English.
Experienced Business tutors
When you take a Business English course with us you can be sure of a tutor with wide knowledge and experience in the Business Sector and a native English teacher with excellent qualifications. What’s more your tutor will be someone with an interest in your particular type of business English with the ability to structure the lessons around your needs such as, examining legal phrases, exploring business terminology and considering aspects of business jargon to name just a few.
Learning based around your needs
Of course, Business English means different things to different people and so before your course we will ask you EXACTLY what you hope to achieve by the end of your language course. We will use this information to help you focus on:
- Making you more confident when conducting meetings and interviews.
- Examining vocabulary and topics used in the worlds of business, commerce, and international relations.
- Brushing up on your communication skills used in the workplace and on the telephone. The correct way to send e-mails for example.
- Simply focusing on the language and skills needed for typical business communication such as presentations, negotiations, meetings,
- Small talk, socializing, correspondence, report writing, and so on.
- Our business English homestay courses are built around you, so simply tell us what you need and we will ensure your tutor helps you achieve this.